Fans & Friends of The Dreaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fans & Friends of The Dreaming

Forum for all fans and friends of the L.A. rock band The Dreaming to hang out.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Please say you're not dead to me
Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 am by darkcrow

» Im BACK!!!!!
Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:46 am by FFEMT1A

» New Information
Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:40 pm by Jessa The Riot

» Well its been fun....... sort of...LOL
Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:05 pm by bullet

» NEW "old" CD!!
Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:01 pm by bullet

» Why are you Pissed Off Today?
Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:47 pm by crimson regret

» NorCal shows cancelled
Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:12 pm by CelticFae

» What Are You Doing?
Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 6:25 pm by crimson regret

» Annoying Commercials
Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:33 am by crimson regret

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Why Are You Happy Today?

Go down 
+8
MetalSlut
Laura
Linkinparklp16
Jessa
junamrsgrl
Jessa The Riot
bullet
Crusader
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

Why Are You Happy Today? Empty
PostSubject: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Well, I figured since we have a Pissed Off thread, we need to be happy sometimes! So what makes you all happy? What makes you smile?

Today, I got to spend time with my girlfriend, and she always brightens my day. We went creek stomping for a while. Though she slipped and got muddy. Aaaanyway, it was a blast, and her parents were having a cook out with her grandparents, so we got some free (amazing, by the way) food.

So that's why I'm in a good mood. Tell me are you really happy?
Back to top Go down
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:00 pm

I had my official last day of the School year today! It was a biggg relief.

But now I have work to deal with... Although I get paid! So that makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
bullet
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
bullet

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:25 pm

I single handily beat last years numbers at work today well, almost by myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedreamingmidwest
Jessa The Riot
Admin
Jessa The Riot

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:19 am

I'm happy because there is a lot of positive energy in this team. I'm hopeful that we will get the rest of the members that are currently stuck in the myspace rut over here to talk and commiserate and conspire. I'm also happy that we have the band on our side. They're really psyched about you guys & gals.

Personally I'm happy because my son is 16 as of Saturday. That I have both my kids at home. That life is good.
Back to top Go down
http://nolariotgrrrl.com
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:09 am

Ooh, he's sixteen? That's huge! I'm seventeen myself.

Does he happen to like The Dreaming?
Back to top Go down
Jessa The Riot
Admin
Jessa The Riot

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:05 am

He does. He had a great time talking to Jinxx and Johnny at that Hamden show. He plays guitar and bass. But he likes a real range of music. He plays metal, progrock and jazz and listens to everything including classical with the exception of country. He's not wild about hip-hop but he does listen to it a little and likes watching the breakers dance at school. He goes to an arts high school in New Haven.
Back to top Go down
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:35 am

That sounds like my musical taste too haha. I'm aaaaallll over the place. That's certainly cool!

I want to meet Carlton... He seems very quiet. And the quiet ones are usually the most interesting. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jessa The Riot
Admin
Jessa The Riot

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:55 am

Carlton is pretty quiet but he's really nice. They all are. I found Johnny to be really good around younger people. He and my son talked quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:47 pm

This just makes me wanna meet them more. Sad

I'm in a good mood because I'm destroying paperwork left and right. It's great fun.

ANd by destroy, I mean filing... Sad

But I don't have to look at it anymore! So I'm happy!
Back to top Go down
bullet
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
bullet

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:15 am

carlton is quiet, kinda. lol and too nice. they all are. Smile
Back to top Go down
junamrsgrl
Ugly on the inside
Ugly on the inside
junamrsgrl

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:31 am

I loved Carlton, but getting him to talk was like pulling teeth....he's like the king of one word answers. I think his air of silence and mystery really engendered a little crush, lol- you know how it is with those quiet guys, you just want to find out everything. Plus, we looked really good together in the picture I got of him and I, like a couple or something- check it out. I can honestly say I look good in all these pictures I got with the guys, and I never like myself in pictures! (sorry its so big)

Why Are You Happy Today? L_24f3c02e8a7178197fc9d4d53eed7feb

Jinxx didn't say a lot to me either, I almost felt like I was scaring him away or something. But Chris and Johnny wouldn't shut up once they got going, not that I minded Very Happy I didn't get a chance to meet Brent unfortunately, so I I can't weigh in there.

I'm really happy today because Dave & I finally got our registry started and picked out our wedding rings! Its a bit overwhelming, this wedding planning thing, but bearable if you break it down into little pieces.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jez1024
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:56 am

My friends, my girlfriend and I went out to lunch yesterday. We convinced our waiter that Chris and Adam were fraternal twins (which they look similar so no big deal), but we convinced him that Chris' nickname was Stretch, but his name was BJ and that Adam's name was James. Their last name was Bonner, because Adam calls everyone "Boner James". BJ Bonner and James Bonner haha.

Aaaaanyway, the waiter was really creepy, and I swear, he was a child molestor... That's how he acted. But anyway, I told him that it was James and BJ Bonner's birthday yesterday, and got the guy to sing with me. But since I told him Chris' nickname was Stretch, that's what we sang in the song.

Which was priceless.

We laughed for 2 and a half hours at that table.
Back to top Go down
Jessa
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Jessa

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:22 am

I had a waiter once hit on me, by him mis-hearing me ordering a "diet coke" to me ordering a"zygote" (ya know a fetus) he then told me they "had no zygotes" but that he could "help me make one"........he also crouched down on the floor next to our table and "smoked" a "smokeless" cigarette----the dude was a creep and he wouldn't leave me alone. My friends and I still laugh about that and that was a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:31 am

Hahah yeah, this guy was like... in his thirties or fourties... and the oldest one of us is 17. Laughing

He disturbed us very well haha. It was fun to rip on him though, if a bit mean. Neutral
Back to top Go down
junamrsgrl
Ugly on the inside
Ugly on the inside
junamrsgrl

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Jessa wrote:
I had a waiter once hit on me, by him mis-hearing me ordering a "diet coke" to me ordering a"zygote" (ya know a fetus) he then told me they "had no zygotes" but that he could "help me make one"........he also crouched down on the floor next to our table and "smoked" a "smokeless" cigarette----the dude was a creep and he wouldn't leave me alone. My friends and I still laugh about that and that was a few years ago.

A zygote?! Thats priceless. Oh to be a fly on the wall. I don't have any good restaurant story, but a guy once followed me down the NYS Thruway from Rochester to Buffalo trying to get my cell phone number. Then when I pulled into the plaza to get cash for the toll, he followed me and struck up a conversation like we were old friends or something. The funniest part was that I was literally en route to moving in with my boyfriend (the guy who I'm marrying in Oct), and when I told him that, he asked me if I needed anyone on the side! I was like 'You have GOT to be kidding!' He was young, and actually good-looking, but it still creeped me out!
Back to top Go down
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:16 pm

The nerve of some people! Respect the love that two people have... It's not something to screw with.

Sad Stupid people.
Back to top Go down
bullet
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
bullet

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:13 am

Yeah, Jinxx and Carlton aren't much for words. I tried to start something with Jinxx, but he didn't respond much so I walked away. I got a few words out of Carlton, thanked him for signing the CD and left him alone. Johnny is a talker, and Chris is a hoot.
Back to top Go down
junamrsgrl
Ugly on the inside
Ugly on the inside
junamrsgrl

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:05 am

morbid starlet wrote:
Yeah, Jinxx and Carlton aren't much for words. I tried to start something with Jinxx, but he didn't respond much so I walked away. I got a few words out of Carlton, thanked him for signing the CD and left him alone. Johnny is a talker, and Chris is a hoot.

That assessment is spot on based on my experience Morbid...Jinxx was so unassuming when we 'talked to him' (which was about long enough to ask if he'd sign our cds and get a picture), that his transformation on stage left me dumbfounded. I talked with Carlton a bit, but he's definitely a 'Speaks when spoken to' kind of person, you really have to drag it out of him. Johnny talked so much that I actually started to feel bad about the people he was with at the bar, cuz I suspect we may have interrupted their conversation and he showed no signs of being worried about getting back to them, LoL. And Chris, what a flirt! Have to admit though, I'm glad he's like that- I was so nervous about meeting him after all this time. If he had Jinxx or Carlton's verbal tendencies, I might have stayed that way. But he really makes you feel comfortable, and like you're one of his good friends even if he just met you 15 minutes ago. I've heard Brent is real fun to hang out with too, but I couldn't say, since he was deathly ill in his hotel room the night we saw them play, so I never even met him
Back to top Go down
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:51 am

That really surprises me. From his pictures, Johnny and Chris look really shy. Brent and Jinxx seem like the life of the party though, I can't imagine Jinxx being subdued.

And that Carlton. I don't think I've ever heard him be quiet before in my life. He's always so loud! Laughing

^Sarcasm
Back to top Go down
bullet
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
bullet

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:13 am

Bet you can't wait to meet them, huh? lol. The first show my friend and I mostly just talked to Johnny (well she did most of the talking). He was more fixated on getting me to talk...lol. I was just a lil nervous to meet them. Even after the show he was still willing to come and talk to us again.

The most I talked to Brent was having him to sign my CD, but the 2nd show he was more than willing to take a pic with me. Just got a lil rough....lol.

The second show, I got more out of Chris. We talked about the weather, his wife, finding a house in L.A. Only to be cut short by the bar closing.

And Carlton, dunno if it was the alcohol at the second show, but he was all over the place. One of the bands were playing way too long and he decided to yell from the back of the room to hurry up or something along those lines. lol.
Back to top Go down
bullet
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
bullet

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:15 am

Why am I happy?!

**Just got news I'm gonna be an aunt...just gotta wait 9 months now Very Happy **
Back to top Go down
Linkinparklp16
Ugly on the inside
Ugly on the inside
Linkinparklp16

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 2:07 am

Just found out I get to meet Julien-K at the Hartford show!
Only a few people are allowed on each list... so it's kinda cool.

Why I'm not happy? I was just playing with sparklers w/ some friends and a hunk flew onto my shirt and I almost set my arm on fire... Yea-- not fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stuckinaphase
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:11 am

^^ Cool! I'm meeting Julien-K tom... Today, technically. My girlfriend and I are going to see them.

I've been waiting 5 years for this chance........ Mav is just tagging along. I'm hoping to get her into Julien-K. She loves The Dreaming though!

*Hopes for a show in Cincinnati* Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laura
Needs more than a tourniquet
Needs more than a tourniquet
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 4:19 pm

I'm happy Steve & Alan get to meet Julien-K!!

And I'm EXTREMELY happy for air conditioning!!

Talking about Brent, Jinxx & Carlton not really talking too much, I think Brent usually has 8000 things on his mind, since he does so much. When he's in a place where he can let his hair down a bit, he actually talks a LOT, and he's pretty funny too! Jinxx & Carlton tend to be pretty shy, but will open up once they get to know you. Ask either of them about their music/side projects & they'll get going! Smile

PS - Did I mention I'm happy there is air conditioning?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lauradetour.com
Jessa
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Jessa

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 4:39 pm

I dont know who Julien-K but Im glad you get to meet them.....im glad to be back to some sense of normalcy away from Hannah Montanna, The Jonas Brothers, High School Musical, Camp Rock and princesses! I have never missed my computers so much.....but I love my 5 year old!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Happy Today?   Why Are You Happy Today? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Happy Today?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next