Fans & Friends of The Dreaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fans & Friends of The Dreaming

Forum for all fans and friends of the L.A. rock band The Dreaming to hang out.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Please say you're not dead to me
Presidental Election Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 am by darkcrow

» Im BACK!!!!!
Presidental Election Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:46 am by FFEMT1A

» New Information
Presidental Election Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:40 pm by Jessa The Riot

» Well its been fun....... sort of...LOL
Presidental Election Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:05 pm by bullet

» NEW "old" CD!!
Presidental Election Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:01 pm by bullet

» Why are you Pissed Off Today?
Presidental Election Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:47 pm by crimson regret

» NorCal shows cancelled
Presidental Election Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:12 pm by CelticFae

» What Are You Doing?
Presidental Election Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 6:25 pm by crimson regret

» Annoying Commercials
Presidental Election Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:33 am by crimson regret

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Presidental Election

Go down 
+2
crimson regret
bullet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bullet
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
bullet

Presidental Election Empty
PostSubject: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Just wondering what everyone thinks abut their choice for Pres. Obama or McCain? Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedreamingmidwest
crimson regret
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
crimson regret

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:53 pm

i am really not that excited about either of them personally..... i think hilary should of got the dems nomination, or at least if not for pres.. for vp.

just my .02
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c8h7n3o2isluminol
Crusader
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:47 pm

She would never have gotten the VP position. Ever. It was either President or nothing for her. She and Obama campaigned against each other too hard to just kiss and make up for the main elections.

I'm leaning towards McCain.
Back to top Go down
Jessa
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Jessa

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:25 am

HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT!!! She was the best choice, but since she is no longer one.....OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but I take politics to heart, Palin is a DISGRACE and she makes me sick, and McCain has INSULTED me by that choice. Shes a homophobe, anti-femenist etc. etc. and most of all shes inexperienced. People want to say Obama is inexperienced?!? People dont think too much about the VP pick, but lets be realistic: if anything were to hapen to the president this person would be your PRESIDENT and lets face it McCain is all old and near death anyway- I mean, he could fucking die of a stroke in office (if he wins)- This woman has only been governor for 2 years, plus she has 5 kids and a grandchild on the way from her 17 year old un-wed daughter and she is for ABSTINENCE only sex education (OBVIOUSLY that dont work!) Would she really be fit to run our country?!?!?! Joe Biden is the SHIT! Clinton, Obama, Biden and Kucinich were my top choices from the get go, so needless to say I was thrilled when Biden was picked. ANYWAY, this could be reeeeeeeally scary. Just my opinion and I know I have lots of them. Very Happy and btw McCain holding off the GOP convention for Gustav didnt make him look any better in my book, Obama would have done the same, he just lucked out, the democratic conv was a week before, gimme a break - Plus Obama had the decency to back off and wait until he was needed to put in his 2 cents about Gustav and not be in everyones way, while McCain was worried about his campaign and getting camera time......
Back to top Go down
http://nolariotgrrrl.com
Jessa The Riot
Admin
Jessa The Riot

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:57 am

Jessa, thank you for hitting on Palin's hypocrit factor. When I read that the boyfriend/father of her daughter's child was attending the convention but she's supposedly such a conservative? Um, honey, if you can't be a decent mom then how the hell are you gonna be a good Veep? You don't have to be a hard-ass parent to get your kids to understand the weight of becoming a parent (a) out of wedlock and (b) most importantly before you get a secondary education in a trade or a college degree. Neither mom nor dad are going to be able to make enough money to raise said child without some post-high school training/education. My kids know I don't condone premarital sex and no, it's not a religious thing it's a legal thing. Sorry but we gals need that piece of paper in most states to get dead-beat dads to pick up their share of the tab to raise the offspring they sired. That is the one part of me that is "anti-feminist" I guess. Women can NOT have it all. We can have a career if we are childless or our kids are grown otherwise we sacrifice our kids to being raised by somebody else. And even those of us who don't aspire to a career are screwed at this point in history to having to work no matter what so we don't get to spend as much time in the parent business. I'm not saying guys can't be Mr. Mom. But face it! For the most part it's the female of the species that usually have that nurturer, caregiver, educator thing going on. But I digress....this woman in my eyes has fucked up her family so I don't trust her to run a country.

I have to disagree on the Billary thing. I didn't like her back when hubby was the prez. I actually thought Bill did ok, he just got caught with his fly down. You can't tell me other presidents, veeps, etc, weren't just as guilty in the sex game and Bill did an ok job of bailing out this country's economy. I didn't appreciate how he treated the military as I am a veteran. But the thing that pissed me off about his wife was that she, by "standing by her man" told her daughter and every other female in this country that she condoned extra-marital sex. Dude! Cheating is cheating and it's unacceptable. The other thing about Hillary that I found out after Obama pulled way ahead was that she is in the same camp as Tipper Gore....more censorship. Where Obama said, when asked about more content ratings for video games..."Where are the parents? Isn't it their job to pay attention to what their kids are playing and refuse to purchase things that are not suitable?". Go Barak!! Yes parents...where are you? And when are you going to accept that parenting is a sucky job and you get to say "No" a lot and you have to teach your kids right from wrong and when you ground them it really sucks cuz your grounded too but that's what you signed on for when you decided to procreate. Accckk.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now.
Back to top Go down
crimson regret
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
crimson regret

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:41 pm

i totally agree with the both of you ladies. which is why i am still most likely going to vote for obama.. even tho i would of much rather preferred hilary. its funny because i always get asked who im voting for.. and i say hilary - even tho she's technically not a candidate anymore.

hilary 2012 anyone?

i heard some funny plays on obama's name that i thought were interesting. if anyone wants to know.. pm me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c8h7n3o2isluminol
Linkinparklp16
Ugly on the inside
Ugly on the inside
Linkinparklp16

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:31 pm

I don't like either tickets all that much... but I' think I'll be going with Obama...
I dislike Sarah Palin and her drive to take the Polar Bears off the endangered species list because the #s are up-- and she wants to drill for oil in Alaska. She's just money hungry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stuckinaphase
bullet
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
bullet

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:18 am

www.funnyordie.com ...a spoof of mcccain and palin.....

For me, I'm not a true politics follower. I haven't paid too much attention to either candidate. Dunno what I'm gonna do.I live in a different county than where I'm registered. I think Palin is a huge propaganda token. If Obama is the first black nominee than Palin is the first female VP, go figure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedreamingmidwest
Jessa
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Jessa

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:32 am

I guess the whole chetaing thing will bill is just an opinion- my opinion is everyone cheats- (but Im very liberal) so, that didnt bother me at all. Anyways, a friend of mine just posted this- which I find fucking SICK:

"The Wasilla Bible Church
sign sits by the road in front of the church in Wasilla, Alaska
Saturday, Sept. 6, 2008. The Wasilla church where Democratic vice
presidential candidate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, ...
Anti-Gay:"You'll
be encouraged by the power of God's love and His desire to transform
the lives of those impacted by homosexuality," according to the insert
in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed for
about six years.

Anti-Family: Whether it's setting a bad example
(see: underage unmarried daughter's pregnancy) or abandoning her
children in a ego-maniacal quest to be elected (see: abandoning her
new-born "special- needs" child to a nanny while she campaigns for
office), we can all agree this woman's values are horrific and a little
bit pathetic.

McCain later added, "My friends... I was a Prisoner of War in Vietnam." (WTF?!)
Back to top Go down
Jessa The Riot
Admin
Jessa The Riot

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:24 pm

This woman just gets scarier by the minute.

Last night I found out somebody I didn't suspect was a McCain fan and his argument was not wanting to pay higher taxes. And my thoughts immediately were...The Republicans-those nice folks who came up with the idea to have the government take over Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae so the taxpayers can bail out all the dumb people who took out 30 year variable rate mortgages with balloon payments and also were allowed by the banks to finance their down payments so they're defaulting all over the place. Sorry but why am I being punished for buying a home within my means and paying my mortgage on time every month for the dope who started out with a $1500 a month mortgage/equity payment and is now up to $4500?

I don't like government regulation but deregulating banks was a stupid move. We need to go back to the days of having to prove yourself six-ways-to-sunday that your a safe credit risk and banks not allowing people to take on debt they can't handle. In the meantime, what do I think is the answer for Fannie and Freddie? Dunno. I'm not an economics whiz but the answer surely can not be loading more financial hardship on to those of us who are busting our humps and trying to live within our means.
Back to top Go down
Jessa
Let it Burn
Let it Burn
Jessa

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:58 pm

exactly- around here home insurance cost more then some people's house notes, since katrina, you cant buy!!! Its ridic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidental Election   Presidental Election Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Presidental Election
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fans & Friends of The Dreaming :: Miscellaneous junk :: Current Events-
Jump to: